Automatic regulation system of active power delivery and primary frequency control (further – the System) performs following functions:
- Status control of generation equipment (invertors and load break switches)
- Measuring of generation and 50 Hz grid parameters (active and reactive power of generation; grid frequency)
- Automatic control and regulation of active power delivery in the normal mode of operation
- Automatic control and regulation (reduction) of active power delivery in case of grid frequency stepping — overall initial frequency regulation
The system is implemented taking into consideration the requirements of Russian system operator for generation equipment of the wholesale electricity market participants.
SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE AND OPERATION
There are two methods to implement an automatic regulation system of active power delivery and primary frequency control for SPP and wind farms:
- Based on ARIS process automation systems for electrical equipment of power plants (no additional equipment has to be installed)
- With additional equipment
- Installation of a separate primary frequency control cabinet based on ARIS system including I/O channels for remote measuring and remote signalization data as well as dedicated software
All necessary data are provided to duty personnel via the software of ARIS SCADA.
The system uses in its operation following baseline data:
- Number of generation equipment that is in operation
- Actual value of delivered active power
- Grid frequency
- Position of high voltage switches and load break switches of the switchgear
As a result of operation of the system logic, following decisions related to power delivery regulation are taken:
- Changes of active power settings of the invertor systems
- Switching off/on of high voltage switches of invertors
The system uses in its operation a number of settings that can be entered directly in the ARIS-28xx controller processing automation logic, or in a duty operator's workstation.
SYSTEM OPERATON RELIABILITY AND MONITORING
The System carries out continuous control and self-diagnostics of its firmware, diagnostics of communication lines; there are provisions for hot backup of processor modules and PSU.
As regards system operation monitoring, following provisions are in place:
- Continuous control of the system logic, output of warning and alarm signals regarding the system operation
- Recording of parameters of each activation of the Primary frequency control logic
- Active power and frequency before and after regulation, duration of regulation cycles, warning and alarm signals during regulation
- Storage of all data related to the regulation process across the whole service life of the system
- Retrospective regulation data can be displayed in the form of tables and graphics
Mnemonic frames of operator’s WS
Single line diagram of SP
Automatic regulation system of power delivery
Diagnostics of the primary frequency control algorithm