A converter gateway receives data via various protocols, converts it into its proprietary format, and sends data to use by another protocol.
This approach provides no direct connection between the networks and allows to divide them, increasing the security level in the system.
Communication gateway converter is designed to:
- Receive data via OPC DA 20/30, OPC UA, and IEC 60870‑5‑104/IEC 60870‑5‑101 protocols
- Convert the received data and transfer it via IEC 60870‑5‑104/IEC 60870‑5‑101 and Modbus RTU/Modbus TCP protocols
- 1 x RS-232 interface (exchange protocol: Modbus RTU or IEC 61870‑5‑101)
- 1 x RS-485 interface (exchange protocol: Modbus RTU or IEC 61870‑5‑101)
- 2 x RJ45 Ethernet interface (exchange protocols: OPC DA 2.0 / 3.0, OPC UA, IEC 61870‑5‑104)
- Maximum speed of float-type parameter transfer via Modbus RTU protocol is 1,000 parameters/s
- Maximum speed of float-type parameter transfer via IEC 60870‑5‑101 protocol is above 1,000 parameters/s depending on the frequency of the data status changes
A converter gateway can be implemented with any series of REGUL RX00 controllers.
For the power generation and distribution, the function of the gateway converter is performed by the automatic load-frequency control system.